Discuss with your friends and teacher the strategies you could use when
estimating a number of items.
Copy and paste your table of results into a spreadsheet then investigate
- What is the average time it took you to make your estimate?
- Is your estimate more likely to be higher or lower than the actual
number of items?
- Is there a correlation between the number of items and your
- Can you work out the formula the computer uses to calculate your
- Can you get better at estimating with practice?
Moon Lengths |
| Estimating Percentages
Here is an excerpt from the Transum podcast that considers strategies for counting sheep: