1. Can you find a squigit which is divisible by 7 and larger than 50?
2. Which two squigits have a difference of 100?
3. Find a squigit whose square root is also a squigit.
4. Find a squigit that's also a prime number.
5. How many years last
century were squigits?
|Tweet about this starter||Share|
How did you use this starter? Can you suggest
how teachers could present or develop this resource? Do you have any comments? It is always useful to receive
feedback and helps make this free resource even more useful for Maths teachers anywhere in the world.
Click here to enter your comments.
If you don't have the time to provide feedback we'd really appreciate it if you could give this page a score! We are constantly improving and adding to these starters so it would be really helpful to know which ones are most useful. Simply click on a button below:
This starter has scored a mean of 3.1 out of 5 based on 300 votes.
1. 91.... but there are many other correct answers.
2. 11 and 111.... but there are many other correct answers.
3. 1.... but there are many other correct answers.
4. 11.... but there are many other correct answers.
5. 16. (1900, 1901, 1904, 1909, 1910, 1911, 1914, 1919, 1940, 1941, 1944, 1949, 1990, 1991, 1994, 1999)
Teacher, do your students have
access to computers?
Here a concise URL for a version of this page without the comments.
Here is the URL which will take them to a student activity about square numbers.