Laptops In Lessons
Get the most out of laptop computers in Mathematics lessons
Benefits of Laptops in Lessons
Purchasing laptop computers and software can be an expensive undertaking.
Are you getting value for money with such an investment?
the early days of implementing a one to one programme the presence of laptop
computers may be seen by the teacher as anything but a benefit. As
familiarity and range of teaching strategies increases the benefits start to
This area of the Transum website is designed to share thoughts about how
the easy access to ICT benefits teaching and learning..
Top Ten Benefits
- Research supports the use of ICT to improve learning.
- Provide students with access to ICT when it is most appropriate
during their lesson (or at any other time).
- Students can rely on always having a device on which they can
interact with their school work and plan their time
- Software application configurations will be the same at school as at
home (and anywhere else)
- The portable nature of the device means students can use it to
collect Science data outside, film PE skills and take the laptop on
field trip to collect real data to use in Maths lessons.
- Less of a desktop footprint than a desktop computer; Less of an
obstacle to obstruct eye contact than a desktop computer.
- Have shown students to take more ownership of their learning and
thus become better independent learners.
- Provides multiple opportunities for easy communication between
teachers and students
- Students don’t have to carry around text books and so many exercise
- Lessons tend to be more ‘hands on’ and engaging for students.
Do you have any tips for
using laptops (or other portable computers) in Mathematics lessons?
Click here to enter your